Friday, April 4, 2014

Walking

She's full out walking now. We call it a zombie walk because one arm is out in front and the other is out to the side and she'll go pretty fast then slow down then wobble then speed forward again. But make no mistake, she's fully mobile now-and quite pleased with herself as well.

Walking apparently makes her think she can do/have anything she wants because she is VERY vocal (I'd say she's yelling at the person) when she wants something and she's thwarted. Her eyebrows knit together, brow furrows, eyes squint and she yells, "Memememe" which I think means "mean mean mean". :) Sometimes along with that comes slamming hands down and kicking feet. I thought this didn't happen til age 2. I guess I said I wanted a smart, strong, independent woman.....

We've been doing more sledding since this is the winter that never ends. Also she got some PlaySilk scarf things from Uncle Ben that she's been enjoying. Books are still a favorite and now she'll look at them in the car (I hope she can continue that as she gets older....I love reading in the car but some of the fam gets carsick). 

Finally some other big news.....she's attempting to use a spoon!! It's not pretty but I'm so happy to see her try.





1 comment:

  1. So cute, and such a big girl! Ha, gotta love a strong, independent little lady....and you always giggled at mine... ;)

    ReplyDelete