Saturday, January 4, 2014

First Christmas

Three states in one week. That sounds more dramatic than it really was, but true-Frannie and I had Christmas in MN, WI, and IL. And she was in good spirits nearly the entire time which included 8 hours in the car (twice).

We had Christmas as a family at our "house" where Frannie tore into her presents. The tearing of paper was really the best gift of all for her. We had a yummy breakfast of blueberry pancakes. Then we headed to Hayward to see Meemaw and Grampa. The final leg of the journey was the 8 hour drive to Dwight. I give myself a little pat on the back for the planning of that drive-we left around 4:30 so she'd take a short nap, then she and Meemaw played in the back for about two hours and then she fell asleep for the rest of the trip. Thank goodness she slept cause the ten minutes or so that she did cry before falling asleep was about all I was prepared to handle.

Dwight was more family time. Frannie got to bond with Aunt Vic and spent time entertaining Meg, Beth, Glenn, and Val. We didn't get to see Trudi and her crew or the Heinrichs which made the trip feel a little incomplete. We did get to see Ben and Alan for a quick visit. Frannie also made two new friends-McKenna and Elaina, while I got to see my friends, Jenny and Amanda.

Since we've been back I'm not sure what happened but I swear Frannie has grown taller, has added more new "words", is standing on her own for longer periods each day, points at things and talks, and tonight-tried eating with a spoon from a bowl. That was ugly...but she had lots of fun.
















2 comments:

  1. It was wonderful seeing you and finally meeting beautiful, sweet Frannie. I wish we could have visited longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! I spy a Christmas shirt that I recognize! And my kids loved the talking Puppy! So good to see you!!! Love miss Frannie!

    ReplyDelete