Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Frannie knew it was Mother's Day on Sunday so she woke up at 5:30 just to spend as much time together as possible. Kidding aside, we had a really great day as a little family. The three of us went out to breakfast which was not only delicious, but it's a laid back kid-friendly spot so Frannie could run around a bit too. Then we went to the beach to play in the sand and enjoy the sun (it has been a rare occurrence the last month). It was too nice to go home so we went for a hike and played in the grass and rocks. The only bad part of this seemingly perfect day was when Frannie was holding a "rock" and went to put it in her mouth when we discovered it was actually a dog turd. I'm gagging again as I type it. SO GROSS. I wiped her down (ok wiped isn't the right word - scrubbed) with baby wipes and sprayed her down with hand sanitizer. Yuck yuck yuck. She found this whole thing, especially my screams, very amusing.
To cap off the day I was able to go thrifting for a few hours....by myself! Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner and chocolate chip cookies for dessert, Happy Mother's Day to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment