Sunday, March 31, 2013

Milk

I never thought milk would be such an overwhelming subject. We have two issues with milk.

1) Frannie had her two week check up on Friday and she grew .7 inches and her head grew 1/4 in. A big brain box as my grandpa would have said. However, apparently all her eating went toward that growth cause she only gained an ounce in the week. She was supposed to be up to 8 lbs by now but is at 7lbs11oz. I did read Dr. Sears who talks about "banana babies" who hypermetabolize and tend to grow in height before putting on weight. This sounds exactly like Brian so it makes sense since she looks like him that she'd have his body too (and too be honest I did tell her while she was in the womb that I hoped she got her Dad's body instead of mine cause if she were like me she'd have NO trouble gaining weight). So anyway, I have to pump after I feed her and give her whatever I get as a supplement. Trouble is, I'm hardly getting anything out from pumping so its seeming hardly worth it. I'm going back to the lactation consultant on Monday or Tuesday to see if maybe I should supplement one formula bottle a day.

2) The other milk issue is me not being able to drink milk or have any dairy or soy for the next 2-3 weeks. Frannie's stool is super mucousy and they say that's usually from a dairy allergy. So fun fun, no dairy or soy for me. Which means for all those who have been hoping I'd see the light of going back to eating meat, I am indeed cause I don't know how I'd get my protein without dairy and soy.

So there you have it. Frannie is otherwise very healthy and of course oh so cute. Updates to come.










1 comment:

  1. Love love! My only thought on the milk issue is, are you drinking enough water? =) When I first started, I was drinking like 32 oz between each feeding. But, then again, Kellen was as big as a horse...so maybe not perfect advice... =)

    ReplyDelete