Sunday, July 7, 2013

Beach Baby

For those that know us, it will be no surprise when I say that Brian and I have a major dilemma when it comes to introducing Frannie to water. We want her to love the water and have fun like normal kids, but neither of us really enjoy swimming or like being in water much -period. If I have a large inner tube around me and I'm floating down a lazy river, sure sign me up. But ask me if I'd like to go for a swim? I think not. It can take an hour for Brian and I to get up the nerve to jump into the lake on a hot summer day in the Boundary Waters, and that's just jumping in and immediately getting out. It's embarrassing really. 

So we wanted to introduce Frannie to water early in life (she does love bath time) in hopes that she will not take after us. She has now been to three beaches and a river...Park Point beach, Brighton Beach, Island Lake, and Lester River. 

Turns out genetics are powerful....she's not loving the lakes so much  yet, however she did like the river and "stood" in it up to her calves for quite awhile. A true test of nature vs nurture.

Here are some pics of the adventures.






No comments:

Post a Comment