Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One Month

Frannie had her one month appointment yesterday. We are officially moved into Dad's so we went up on Sunday night to stay in a hotel with Brian and then went to the appointment Monday.
Here are her new stats.... She now weighs 8 lbs 14 oz and is 22 inches long. Her head is now 14 3/4 in circumference. Those numbers keep her in the 80-90th percentiles for height and head and slowly moving up in weight. The doctor was happy. She's a long, lean little girl.
I was commenting on how excited I was that she had a few chub rolls on her thighs now (which the doc was happy about too) and then the doctor says, "with those rolls I can see that they aren't totally symmetrical so I think we will do an ultrasound to make sure there is no hip dysplasia." What??? Asymmetrical fat rolls mean possible hip dysplasia?? I definitely have something wrong with me then. She said she wasn't worried about it cause she was messing with Frannie's hips and it all seemed fine- it was just an easy quick check to be sure. So next week we head back to Duluth for that.
I was given the all clear to go back to eating dairy and soy (that's right, no more meat...unless its an occasional piece of bacon at breakfast!) and keep Frannie on the fancy formula til her two month check up. I'm happy with the visit overall. She's healthy and happy and is a GREAT car rider.

Quick side note- Foxy didn't care one way or another at first about Frannie but just this morning Frannie was in bed and started to cry and Foxy came to tell me. I think she will be a good protector.

One final thought...this first picture of her on this post....Angelic or Demonic? I could go either way....





2 comments:

  1. She looks like the perfect like punkin to me! =) Love all the updates, since I can't see her in person! Glad you are doing well, and that G'pa gets to spend lots of time with you guys too! And I bet that Foxy will totally take care of her, what a good dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...she looks perfect...she is a cutie! She is such a little peanut!

    ReplyDelete