Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday! My birthday used to mean so many things....namely when I could drink and stay up til wee hours of the morning. I would call it my birthday week, and I would get together with all my friends and drink and play games......ahhh. The good life. Funny how things change when you can't drink and you need a nap every day and still require a 10 or 11 bedtime. However, I still had a wonderful day, mostly because it is a rule with my family that whatever you say on your birthday can be met with no objections or suggestions and if someone dares to do such a thing, you say, "It's my birthday." This hushes any critics and immediately ends any disagreements.

So today Brian made me blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and then we took Foxy on our usual morning walk. Then came home, packed up, and headed for Hayward to do some tubing down the river. After tubing, we made dinner with my dad (grilled homemade veggie burgers, corn on the cob, and a bean salad) and then had strawberry shortcake for dessert. My dad also had made me a lemon poppyseed cake, which he's been making for me for as long as I can remember as my birthday cake, and as I'm about to try a small slice, he says, "Can you eat that while you're pregnant?" Well hell. I don't know. So I look it up and of course text my brother. "If I eat poppyseed cake will I turn my baby into a drug addict or kill it?" He laughed at me and said no. Regardless, I don't think I'll be eating more of the cake (that is so, so sad yet probably good because no one needs to eat a cake basically by themselves) and it will be shared with those who will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment