Monday, August 1, 2011

I Hope My Neighbors Like Vegetables

You know you are in the peak of summer when you come home with bags of zucchini, green beans, basil, dill, cucumbers, and all of your canning equipment that you really were hoping to just keep in Hayward so it didn't crowd your already teeny tiny kitchen. I really think my dad and I need to figure out a way to get some of this stuff to a farmers market or something. There is just SO much. Friends and neighbors are happy (I think) recipients of some of the bounty but I can tell you what I'll be doing this week....processing vegetables.

It is here that I realize what is different this year compared to previous years. Thinking of canning and freezing this week makes me realize how tired being pregnant has made me. I love summer and being able to be on the go and be busy all the time. Well, my "condition" has put a bit of a crimp in my style.At this point, I require (and I mean require) a nap every day and if I don't get one, I am usually whimpering by 8.  I hope I perk up before school starts. Friends have reassured me that I should come out of this tired all the time phase in another couple months. For now, I guess I will just be thankful to be able to nap while I can.

2 comments:

  1. You're not going to like what I'm about to say, but I'm going for it anyway. I predict twins. Please don't hurt me if this premonition proves accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, oh why do you want to hurt me? =) Seriously though, did you have a dream or something? Why twins?

    ReplyDelete