Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Shout Out To My Friends

I had lunch today with three friends, two of whom I hadn't seen in awhile. It was one of those really long, leisurely lunches that was filled with laughs and good conversation. And food too, of course. After we had went our separate ways, I started to think about how lucky I am to have the friends I do. Then I started to think about how I don't say how much I appreciate each and every one of you and how important you are. So I want to devote this post to my friends. Maybe it is the hormones making me sappy, but I want each of you to know you are so special to me and thanks for being there. I know that when lots of you became pregnant, I wasn't excited for you because I was selfishly thinking that I would lose time with you. I apologize for that. Especially since not one of you has said anything other than wonderful, kind, and encouraging things about my pregnancy....well, maybe other than Sarah O....but that is exactly why we are friends. =)

To everyone from elementary school, high school, college, and grad school as well as from different places we've worked, thank you. I appreciate your friendship, your words of encouragement, advice, and suggestions, your laughter, and your company. And if these raging hormones swing another way and I am a rude, insensitive bitch, please remember how fond of you I really am.

1 comment: